WOW! We were very shocked (yet extremely happy) to learn that we actually reached ALL of our 2016 resolutions! Here are our four goals accompanied with what our actual numbers were at the end of the year.
1. Uplifting their Spirits—“Have less than 1% of the cards be discarded for erroneously saying ‘Get Well Soon’.”
· We calculated the results and thanks to the superior quality of your cards, we only had to discard 0.8% of the record-setting number of cards we received. THANK YOU for not writing ‘Get Well Soon’ and for making sure that we received the majority of these cards on time.
2. Hospitalized and/or Traumatized—“At the end of 2015, we had a partnership with 28 different locations with children. Amongst those destinations, only two of them were for abused children. In 2016, we’d like to double that number and send a total of over 150 cards to children who are abused and/or orphans each quarter (all while increasing the amount of hospitals we connect with).”
· Our goal was to send at least a total of 600 cards to children who were abused and/or orphans—while making sure that we increased to four different partnership destinations by the end of 2016. Once again, we not only met, but also surpassed our goal! All in all, we delivered nearly a total of 1,100 cards to the following SIX partnership locations:
o Orangewood Foundation™: Foster and Community Youth Services
o The Gift of a Helping Hand Charitable Trust
o Family Programs Hawaii
o Women Against Abuse
o Alameda County Family Justice Center
o Camden County Women’s Center
· And that total does not even include the children we reached in Haiti, as well as the students affected by the school bus accident in Tennessee.
3. Across the Globe—“In 2015, we sent cards to FIVE different countries (USA, Canada, Mexico, Nigeria, and Haiti). We’d like to increase that by two to SEVEN different countries.”
· Thankfully, we were able to, once again, exceed this goal. We sent cards to: the USA, Mexico, Canada, Nigeria, Haiti, Saudi Arabia, Honduras, and Australia!
4. Homemade Cards—“OK. Wow. We may have to decrease this a bit, but right now our goal is to get 7,800 cards.”
· All we can do is laugh! We thought we would have to decrease this goal, but as you can see in the chart below, we surpassed our goal of 7,800 by over 70%!
For 2017, our desire is to maintain this progress! We want to continue to have to discard less than 1% of the cards created; reach 10 different countries; and receive 15,000 cards. Let’s work together to see if we can attain these ambitious goals!! Looking back at 2016’s goals, we really thought there was no way we could reach them…yet, they were ALL ACCOMPLISHED and MORE!!