Every quarter Cardz for Kidz! promises each hospital/shelter we partner with that we’ll send them a certain amount of cards. For some hospitals, based on our room to room requirement and their size, they’ve requested that we send them less than their overall hospital capacity. Some smaller hospitals updated us that they often don’t have many long term patients and have high turnover. Based on that they asked if once every 3 months, we could send more cards than they have beds.
In addition, to those preset hospital destinations we often make multiple special deliveries. This is highlighted in our mission statement.
Cardz for Kidz! is an organization dedicated to uplifting the spirits of hospitalized and/or traumatized children across the globe by delivering inspiring homemade cards.
Here are some examples of the some traumatized children we reached out to:
- 235 cards in Q4 2012 to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut after the school shooting
- 15 cards in Q2 2013 to Neighborhood Charter House School in Boston, MA after the Boston marathon bombing
- 50 cards in Q1 2014 to Berrendo Middle School in Roswell, New Mexico after the school shooting
- Colin in Michigan, Addie in Utah, Daniel in Massachusetts all with their own disheartening conditions.
Thanks to you we even received some documented gratitude from a couple of those places.
Here are two things in common between all of those delivery locations:
- Children were put in HORRIBLE conditions that they could not control
- They all had at least one newspaper article or webpage explaining the tragedy
We are going to continue to keep our ears open for those type of situations, but we will continue to make sure that kids, who may not be going through a situation that’s on the front page of multiple newspapers, are still positively impacted by your cards.
Although it may not be discussed on CNN, USA Today or other news stations, we feel that each disheartened child is NEWSWORTHY and we’d love to send independent homemade cards.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you know a child you’d like for us to make a special delivery for.